Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spicy Bean Salsa Recipe from Allrecipes.com


So my cookout was a blast. All of the kids were incredibly well behaved and all around the same age. Gabby had a blast! If and when I ever get pics I'll share. My good friend April came to the rescue with this super easy and delicious side item recipe.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt


DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, combine black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes. Season with Italian-style salad dressing and garlic salt; mix well. Cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.


Good grief does it get any easier than that? Ok, well short of driving to Costco and scraping the label off of one of their delicious entrees and passing it off as your own. Which I have never done. Which I will never do again. {{whistles}}


Anyway, she told me she always gets asked for the recipe when she brings it, and true to it's reputation I got asked 3 times for the recipe. Mine didn't even look as nice as the one in the picture! It makes a ton which the Kid Army was more than happy to take care of afterwards.
Mine had a lot of "juice" and I think that next time I will add 3/4 of a cup of Italian dressing instead and do a better job of draining everything well. It wasn't very spicy though so I added a can of green chiles and 2 tbsp of Cilantro. This upped the tasty factor but still didn't make it what I would consider spicy. Good stuff!

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment