Thursday, May 21, 2009

Princess Leadfoot

ahh, so my assignment this week for Starting Point is to follow every single traffic law that exists to the fullest extent. Hereby this is your formal notice that it's safe to be on the roads again. Well, this week anyway. So how am I doing with that you wonder? Mr.M has been driving to and from work most days this week and I don't go too many places other than that so I'm making out remarkably well LOL.

The few trips I've taken I realize how quickly that even consciously thinking about doing everything 100% right, my speed still drifts up or I'm tempted to roll a little more than I stop. I mean, I'm in a hurry and what I'm doing is important so it's ok to do the little things right? Uh oh, I'm thinking not...

Speaking of driving, I used to love to drive. If I had a day off and enough gas I was pretty much game for any destination mentioned. I guess it's another sign of getting older that I see it pretty much as an inconvenience now. I have soooo many things to do (ahem, not that *blogging* is really helping that but I digress...) that I feel like I'm wasting time driving. I remember that feeling though of the windows rolled down and the radio blasting some great song and just belting that puppy out to my heart's content. Age wasn't the only reason the paint was peeling off of that car.

Come on baby, let's get out of this town
I got a full tank of gas
With the top rolled down
There's a chill in my bones
I don't want to be left alone
So baby you can sleep while I drive

No comments:

Post a Comment