Sunday, October 11, 2009

Leverage

Ugh, I've neglected this poor little blog so! Anyway, moving forward....

Over the summer I really got moved by the idea of leveraging your resources for the most impact on life around you. Some of us don't have much but what matters is using what you already have, plus your time and talent to be a good steward. I figured out that I'm a pretty good darn couponer. I've never been too embarassed to use a good coupon and I can smell them like a fly smells a picnic.

So, I began to collect things here and there as stores had their loss leader sales like folders for a penny, I had some coupons making items a penny, etc. I maxed out the number of items you could buy with any given sale or coupon. By the time the Stuff the Bus campaign rolled around this is what I had:



All of this for less than $1. There were also a couple of packs of Crayolas that didn't make the picture for some reason. (OK, picture-taking is NOT one of my gifts)I was so excited about what I managed to pull together. I hope some kid somewhere gets that small bit of excitement about what this new school year might hold as he or she cracks open that fresh new crisp notebook or pack of unsharpened pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment